- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 sticks butter - room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBL vanilla
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups flour
- in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Sift together dry ingredients and slowly add to sugar mixture and mix.
- Dump cookie dough onto plastic wrap, wrap up and chill for 1 hour.
- Unwrap dough onto floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes and then move them onto parchment paper to continue cooling.
- 1 pound box powdered sugar
- 3 TBL meringue powder
- 6 TBL water
- Food coloring to create different colors of icing
- Use a hand mixer and mix all ingredients together until smooth
- This is the consistency for piping around the edges.
- Add 1/2 tsp of water at a time to the remaining icing to get a flodding consistency.
- Let icing set up for 8 hours or overnight.
Divide icing into bowls and add food coloring to get desired colors for cookies.